Thursday, June 3, 2010

Obligatory First Post

Every second post demands a first post. Given that I'm done with college and no longer have deadlines, this might be a harder task than one would think. Gotta love the writer's block. Cured only by deadlines. . . .

Anyway, back on task. So, who am I and why am I writing this blog on personal finance?

I'm a recent graduate from a small liberal arts college who is currently working as a secretary/receptionist for a state agency in the land of the cornfields (anonymity is a beautiful thing!). By no means am I an expert in finance - I majored in history and one economics course was as close as I've come to formal business training. :-P I'm certainly not "making it big," and there are a lot of things I'm figuring out as I go. So, I'm writing this blog mostly to chronicle my own financial journey, to sort through what I'm learning, and, ultimately, to put at least some of it into practice. Beginnings matter, and I want to begin this personal journey well. And just maybe I'll manage to have a little fun along the way. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment